Vision and objectives
The Center's IT department is a key component of the Center's leadership and planning
The department provides a complete system of information management and ease of circulation between different departments of the center, which facilitates the processing of data and create a work system is not based on paper writing to improve the service and guidance of the time of the medical and administrative staff to the activities of patient care
The department also provides an electronic network to connect all departments of the hospital, including nursing, internal departments, radiology department, pharmacies, outpatient services,
In addition to that the department is always committed to play an effective and contemporary role using the integrated technology, the highest level of quality of services and technical support, in addition to the promotion, facilitation and facilitation of health services, data management, operation and research inside and outside the Center.
- Management of the data center in the main center: in terms of providing many servers (servers) to manage the health information systems center and data storage to become central data
- Manage the different information systems in the center (such as booking dates, stores, workers affairs, accounts, ... etc)
- Design and work of networks and digital infrastructure
- Provision of computers and peripherals and periodic maintenance
The Health Information Systems Center is one of the most prominent information systems in the center and the most important impact on the medical performance in the center and its branches
Health Information Systems Center
Development of medical records at the Center
The process of development of medical records in the center - before reaching its modern image - has gone through many stages where the medical records or what we call the patient file is one of the focal points for the process of providing health care and the importance of these records stems from the importance of its role in keeping all the patient information from the main data And comprehensive medical treatment of all tests, diagnoses, treatment, follow-up reports and important medical decisions. The nature of medical records remained constant in the form of a file or a collection of papers on which handwriting information was writtenThe nature of the medical records has remained constant in the form of a file or a collection of papers on which handwritten information has been written. Over the past 40 years, there have been tremendous developments in the information technology sciences. These developments have led to the use of electronic medical records that rely on the computer with all its advanced capabilities of information storage and processing And transfer data through what we know today from information networks.
With the establishment of the center was the lead in the application of that in the years between 1981 and 1996 was applied the idea of creating a special section of medical files as paper records, which staff arrange files and save them and provide doctors and researchers what they need them during their work. The first type of electronic medical record was introduced through the technological capabilities of this time, and was originally intended to follow up basic data and a little medical information for the patient.
Digital Medical Information Technology
With the introduction of the application of digital information technology in medical institutions, the center began to focus on the patient's medical data as a central hub for the medical record to link its information and order its data. Tests, results and reports became functionally linked
The aim of the center in 1996 was to compile global health data systems based on the global network system, as well as standard standards for global health care providers, most notably HL7 and DICOM
The Center has also promoted the implementation of this goal by establishing an integrated digital medical information network using the largest international and local companies in the field of medical systems, including radiation, laboratories and medical statistics to facilitate the transfer of data between the various departments involved in medical patient file data, (PACS). These systems are integrated computer systems that store, distribute and display medical images, which are connected to the X-ray machines in the center. This is activated by a range of servers and storage media with large storage volumes and high speed of access. In addition, there is a network of connections with a fast digital structure. The system also includes a set of data acquisition controllers. Viewing stations and data entry stations
One of the most important characteristics of the patient information network is that the user, especially the doctor, directly records the medical information on the computer. This is more accurate and reliable. It also provides communication between the users in the center separated by the buildings (the main building, the clinics complex and the Minna Samannoud branch)
Although the current system is already functioning efficiently, the center is always careful to keep pace with modern medical systems that are rapidly developing internationally with standard electronic medical record specifications and the development of equipment and software technology. It supports the concept of integration for which the idea of this system was created, And provide more technical support
For this purpose, the Center is in the process of developing the Center's information network in a more integrated manner, including many points and the most important:
- Laboratories: which aims to follow the movement of analyzes that take place in the Center from the registration of requests for analysis of patients, through the organization of these requests within the work lists of the day, to the distribution of analysis on the appropriate analysis, and waiting for the results and the collection of the mechanism provided by the device itself, not manually By the doctor or technician, and ended up storing and retrieving the results of the analysis on the system
- Pharmacy: The aim of linking the instructions of the doctor of multiple drugs prescribed by the patient or different procedures identified, so that the instructions are integrated and related to the pharmacy to implement
- Nursing and its services: in terms of linking the doctor's multiple instructions of analysis or radiation required by the patient or drugs prescribed by him as various procedures carried out by the Nursing Commission
In order to achieve the highest degree of integration in the medical file of the patient to raise the efficiency of the medical service center.